Hey guys, it’s Remi! How have you been?
It’s almost mid year! My oh my, time does fly! ¡¡¡I’m freaking out right now because I’m getting old!!! Today I decided to do the Mid Year Book Tag. There’ll be two questions that have nothing to do with books because I combined fictional crush with favourite character. Also, I replaced book-to-movie adaptation one since I don’t really watch those kind of movies. I’ll just read their books.
* How many books have you read?
Around 160 books. I’ve already completed my Goodreads reading challenge that is to read 50 books. I read 87 books last year. This summer I’m going to England, so I thought I might not be able to read as many books. Well, I underestimated myself.
* Best book you’ve read so far
3. Into The Water by Paula Hawkins
Read this! I love this book so much! I was hooked and I couldn’t put it down.
2. If We Were Villains by M. L. Rio
The writing style and story are both striking. This one has got onto my favourite shelf.
1. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
This near-future contemporary is just awesome! Awesome with a capital A! If you haven’t read it, you should pick it up now!
* Best sequel you’ve read so far
I honestly haven’t read any sequel I found extremely amazing.
3. Flying Sparks by Julie Wetzel
2. Solitary by Alexander Gordon Smith
I love Alexander’s writing!
1. Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes
I found the characters were all distinctive. My favourite one is still Jonas!
* New release you havent read yet, but want to
5. The Gentlemen’s Guide To Vice And Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
4. At The Edge Of The Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson
3. Nemesis by Brendan Reichs
2. Diving Eden by Joelle Charbonneau
1. The Love Interest by Cake Dietrich
* Most anticipated release for second half of 2017
4. Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart
3. The Dazzling Heights by Katharine McGee
2. They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera
1. Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes
* Biggest disappointment
3. Looking For Alaska by John Green
2. The Upside Of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
I love Simon. However, this one is totally…doesn’t deserve the hype at all…
1. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
I was hoping for a great story like The Book Thief, but it was just super boring and with no good point.
* Biggest surprise
5. The Museum Of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
4. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
3. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
I didn’t like Gossip Girls, so this took me by surprise.
2. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
1. A Court Of Thorns & Roses by Sarah J. Maas
I don’t like TOG series and I don’t like NA stories. This book is far beyond my expectation.
* Favourite new authors
A writer’s writing style means a lot to me. I normally judge my favourite authors by that.
4. V. E. Schwab
3. Paula Hawkins
2. Alexander Gordon Smith
1. Adam Silvera
* Newest fictional crushes/favourite characters
Fictional crush and favourite character are the same thing to me. Yep. I haven’t had a real crush before, never. Don’t know. Don’t care. I’m good. Below were my new fictional BFF.
6. Lucien from A Court Of Thrones & Roses
5. Apollo a.k.a. Lester Papadopoulos from The Hidden Oracle
4. Cpt. Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicle series
3. Kate Harker from This Savage Song
2. Ephraim O’Connor from The Museum Of Heartbreak
1. Jackson Wright from History Is All You Left Me
* Books that made you cry
Truth be told: I don’t cry for books or movies. There were books made me feel sad tho.
2. Orbiting Jupiter by Gary D. Schmidt
1. If We Were Villains by M. L. Rio
* Books that made you happy
Poor me, only one book here.
1. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
* Favourite review you’ve written
* Most beautiful book you bought so far
3. History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
2. The Chaos Of Stars by Kiersten White
1. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
* Books you need to read by the end of the year
6. The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer
5. Endlessly by Kiersten White
4. Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
3. Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning
2. A Court Of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas
1. Our Dark Duet by V. E. Schwab
* Best TV series you’ve watched
8. Lethal Weapon @FOX
7. Angie Tribeca @TBS
6. Psych @USANetwork
5. Riverdale @The CW
4. Revenge @ABC
3. Ash V.S. Evil Dead @Starz!
2. Glee @FOX
1. Gotham @FOX
* Best songs you’ve been listening to
8. Not The Boy Next Door by Chris Colfer on Glee
7. Attention by Charlie Puth
6. Arthur’s Theme by Darren Criss, Kevin McHale, Marshall Williams, Billy Lewis Jr., Noah Guthrie, Chord Overstreet, & Chris Colfer on Glee
5. I Want To Hold Your Hand by Chris Colfer on Glee
4. Lifted by Dallas Smith
3. To Love You More by Lea Michele on Glee
2. Holding Out For A Hero by Melissa Benoist & Becca Tobin on Glee
1. Evermore by Josh Groban
That’s all for my freak-out. Let me know what you think! What’s the best book you’ve read so far in 2017?
Have a nice day and I’ll see you next time. Bye-bye 👊