Review : Orbiting Jupiter by Gary E. Schmidt 

A heartbreaking story, narrated by twelve-year-old Jack, whose family is caring for fourteen-year-old Joseph. Joseph is misunderstood. He was incarcerated for trying to kill a teacher. Or so the rumours say. But Jack and his family see something others in town don’t want to.

What’s more, Joseph has a daughter he’s never seen. The two boys go on a journey through the bitter Maine winter to help Joseph find his baby – no matter the cost.  (From: Goodreads)

Title: Orbiting Jupiter 
Author: Gary E. Schmidt 

Genres: middle grade, contemporary 

Publisher: Penguin Random House UK Children’s, 2015

Edition: e-ARC 

Pages: 192

*I’ve received this book as an ARC from Penguin Random House UK Children’s through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

⭐⭐⭐⭐+1 Greater Stars 

‘Jackie,’ he said.

‘Jack,’ I said.

The cover of this book is just so beautiful.  Although I always say that I don’t judge a book by its cover, I’m drawn to books with pretty covers 20%.  The other 80%, I’m drawn to books with awesome titles.  This book has both and more!

The whole story took place in the countryside.  The farm life seems nice.  I’m a city kid and I hate city.  I so want to breathe some country air.
It’s a story about friendship and greater love and it…tore me apart…Yes, it did!  The twist came strike into my face so suddenly that I hadn’t seen it coming.  Wow!  I mean, only one book has ever done this to me.  And I’m not talking about The Book Thief or All The Bright Places.

The only thing that messed with my head a lot during the reading was baby daddy.  Seriously, baby daddy instead of the TV show.  Joseph was only thirteen when he became a father!  Whaaaaaaat?  Childhood murdering!  You should enjoy your childhood before you’re too old to be young.

I recommend this book to everyone.  You might cry.  I don’t know because I didn’t.  I’m not a crier and I’m sort of heartless.  But still…this book staked a stick through me.

That’s all for my review of Orbiting Jupiter by Gary E. Schmidt.  I hope you liked it.  

Have you read this book?  Let me know what you think!

Have a nice day and I’ll see you next time.  Bye ~ 👋

xoxo Remi

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Review : Orbiting Jupiter by Gary E. Schmidt 

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: